Friday Random Ten
So what kind of music does a math geek listen to? The operative word in that question is geek.
- Fantasia on an Ostinato, John Corigliano
- Modern classical music by one of the very finest of modern composers.
- wonder, photophob
- Strangely interesting electronica from a netlabel.
- Sad Today, Moxy Fruvous
- Goofy folk rock.
- Drakskeppet (the Dragonship), Vasen
- traditional Swedish folk from a master of the Nickelharpa.
- This Strange Engine, Marillion
- Progressive rock by one of my favorite bands.
- Ananda Lahari, the Clogs
- Brilliant music, but I don't know what to call it. It's not rock, it's
not jazz, it's not classical, but some combination of all of them.
- The Stone, the Dave Matthews Band
- Ok, so I like jam bands. Sue me.
- Me and Sarah Jane, Genesis
- Meh. I used to be a huge Genesis fan. These days, any of it after Peter Gabriel left just doesn't grab me anymore.
- Sky Blue, Peter Gabriel
- Speak of the devil. I didn't pick this, it was my ipod.
- Wrong Foot Forwards, Flook
- Incredibly energetic Irish traditional music, by a band feature the best tinwhistle player in the known universe. I dare you to listen to a Flook album and not wind up bouncing and dancing.