Good Math/Bad Math

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Some Good Math about Autism

I've talked before about the sloppy statistics used to analyze autism prevalence. Well, now there's some really good math looking at the same topic, but demonstrating how to do it right.

Orac has a great post about a study of autism prevalence refuting the notion that there is an epidemic of autism. He does a great job describing the results; I've got nothing to add, but I'll be glad to discuss the mathematical methodologies described in the paper if anyone is interested.

1 Comments:

  • I'll take you up on that offer and ask you to discuss the *good math* in the Shattuck study as compared to the *other math* in the Geier so-called study. The difference, I believe, would be very instructive for those of us who ended our math education in the 1960's in college.

    By Blogger Free Speaker, at 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home